Friday, October 27, 2006

Medical City - Patients On Center Stage

We always love to take pictures normally on special occasions or special events. Nowadays, because of technology, it's even part of our day-to-day routine since most of us carry a digital camera from compact sizes to bulky cellphone cams. The in thing now is not about having a digicam but how much mega-giga-pixels does your camera have...

Talking about rare opportunities... I did not let this chance pass by without taking a snap shot of it. Yes! As the title of this blog dictates... I was at the ER of Medical City Hospital last Wednesday. My left foot got sprained - not on the ankle - BUT on my toe fingers. It's swelling really bad, it hurts soooo bad and I can hardly even walk. Of course after filling out those papers at the ER reception area the nurse (and the Doctor of course) will get an interview about what happened and what-not. Here it goes...
Nurse: Napano ba yan?
Lance: Na-sprain po. Nung Sunday pa 'to. Hot compress lang ginawa ko but now sobra nang sakit eh.
Nurse: Sige teka papatingin natin kay doc. Kunin ko muna weight mo. Tapos upo ka dito...

(My Gawd... wheel chair itu! First time ko uupo sa wheel chair! And then she wheeled me to the Doctor.)


Doctor: Pano ka ba na sprain?
Lance: Ang hilig ko po kasi magpatunog ng joints ko. One time I think I forced it kaya yan, naipit yata yung ugat.
Doctor: Eh, self-induced pala 'yang sprain mo eh. (Smiling)

Lance: Well... (tawa-tawa na ko sa part na 'to). Parang ganun na nga po. Wala naman kasi akong ibang physical activity na ginawa para magkasprain other than that.
Doctor: (Laughs...)

Lance: 'Wag niyo naman po sana ako padala sa Psychiatric Ward... Hehehe!

So there... My shining moment... my center stage. A very special event. I'm having my long vacation now. I need to rest and wait 'till I'm fully recovered before I get back to work. Octobeerfest for me is not only a month of partying and special events everywhere. It is, also, almost a full month of vacation. VL October 7, 8 and 14. VTO (Voluntary Time Off) October 22 and 28. Absent October 21. Sick Leave October 26 and 27. Haha!

At least I can attend the Halloween Party tomorrow... excited! Snap! Snap!

No comments: